Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Rest In Peace

Two students at Mason City high school have died in the past week, Zach Graney and Colby Schmidtke. They were both really nice boys and i will never understand why god had to take them out of all people, but i guess god needed two more angels.

I seen the car in the water and found out who the the three people were. I was the one who called Sara and had to tell her the bad news. It was so hard telling a best friend that her cousin Colby got into a car accident. I have been here for her every step of the way, along with many of our other friends. I have known Colby for a long time. He had the biggest crush on me in eighth grade and we were really good friends. But as we both got into high school we drifted apart; that's something that i will regret. Colby was always joking around and messing around with people. He was in my fifth period class, its going to be hard going to class today and having to look at his empty seat. Him and Sara were really close and its really hard to see a friend have to go through this. His family is really strong, and so is he. We will all defiantly miss Colby and all his jokes he told.

Zach, I just talked to this kid the day before he collapsed. He was probably one of the nicest kids i have ever met. He always had the smile on his face. I remember when he would talk to girls, he would studder. He was always kinda shy. I remember the day i found out he died. I was laying in bed and checking my facebook on my phone, and i seen somebody write on Zach's wall and said, "r.i.p Zach, you were a cool kid!" and i was thinking, what the heck is going on? then i got a call from Sara and she told me, it was so hard to believe that somebody so young was gone. Zach was in two of my classes and everyday i look at his empty seat wondering why god took him. Zach's sister is probably one of the strongest girl ever. i don't know what i would do if my brother passed away, i would go insane. Zach's kind heart and big smile is missed.

This past week has been very hard for me because i used to be good friends with both of the kids that have passed away. Zach and Colby were both juniors. I guess i will never fully understand why god had to take them but i guess i will have to ask god when its my time to enter the gates of heaven. Zach and Colby are going to be missed in the halls of MCHS. Rest In Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Abbie-
    Though, I could say millions of things & I could tell you I feel your pain.. I wont. Your title "Rest In Peace" drew me in, because I thought you were going to talk about them. About their death. Saying "I was there when it all happened" - shouldn't say that. You weren't ALL there. You weren't there when they got in the crash, etc. You talked about how you are there for your friends - but doesn't tell me anything about Zach or Colby.

    No one will ever know why bad things happen to good people; but like the pastor said, "God does not cause these things to happen. He mourns right alone with us. God doesn't take them away."

    I'm not trying to sound rude - I'm just expressing my opinion. I feel for your loss, as I, myself am still recovering from both death's.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete